Do you experience achy, tired feet? What about very dry feet, or how about feet that just need some simple soothing? Not a problem. There are plenty of products out there on the market to take care of just about any foot problem you may or may not have. What about all of those ingredients that are used in those products that aren’t very healthy for the environment though? The environment has you covered with ingredients that are not only good for your feet but also for the environment itself, so why not use what the environment has to offer? Don’t do it just for yourself but also as a way to help the environment instead of turning to non-eco-friendly products for your feet.
Follow these eco-friendly recipes to make your feet praise you:
Green Rub For Pretty Feet (use this recipe to soften feet)
2-3 tablespoons cornmeal
2 tablespoon fresh mashed avocado or avocado oil
Mix both ingredients in a small bowl until they form a meal-like mixture.
1. Place feet on a towel. Put one half of the mixture in the palm of your hand, rub both hands together, and apply to one foot, working the gritty and emollient meal into calluses and rough spots, and up and around the toes.
2. Repeat with other half of mixture on other foot. Rinse and dry feet thoroughly.
3. Repeat treatment once or twice a week.
This recipe is by Annie B. Bond. You can find this recipe in her article on care2.com.
Sandal-Friendly Feet (use this recipe to exfoliate)
3 tablespoons used finely ground coffee grounds
1 teaspoon cornmeal
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon whipping cream
1 tablespoon whole wheat, rice, or white flour
2 drops lavender essential oil
2 drops tea tree essential oil
1. Mix together the coffee grounds, cornmeal, and olive oil. Add whipping cream, flour, and essential oils, stirring well.
2. Stand in the tub and scoop up a quarter of the mixture, scrubbing gently on skin of one foot. Repeat with second quarter of mixture. Rinse foot, then repeat process with the other foot. Rinse well and pat feet dry, then apply a moisturizer.
This recipe is by Annie B. Bond as well.
Basic Foot Soak (use this recipe to sooth feet)
Soothe aches, remove odors, and soften rough skin with this basic foot soak. Add 1/2 cup of Epsom Salts to a large pan of warm water. Soak feet for as long as it feels right. Rinse and dry.
Fun Additions to Your Soak
Lime slices and mint leaves
Rose petals or lavender
Orange peel and rosemary sprigs
Dried seaweed and seasalt, great detoxifiers
A few drops of your favorite essential oils:
for example, peppermint will be cooling, lemon uplifting.
This recipe is by Melissa Breyer. Please visit her article titled, “Swift Bliss Foot Soak” to read the full article with this recipe located in it.