There is no form of transportation more eco-friendly than a bicycle. Clean and petrol free, travel may require a good deal of carbs and some sweat but those is no need to worry about your carbon footprint. Renovo has taken this environmentally friendly human vehicle one step further by introducing a hand-made wood-framed bicycle.
Renovo Hardwood Bicycles assers that their frames:
- Absorb vibration better than steel, aluminum or carbon, producing a uniquely smooth ride
- The fatigue life of wood exceeds steel or aluminum, and approaches carbon
- Wood is not susceptible to crack propagation from dents like the metals
- Have much greater impact resistance than butted metal or carbon bike frames
- Are as stiff pound for pound as the metals, even while it’s better at absorbing road vibration
- Are sustainable, recyclable, biodegradable, with a tiny carbon footprint, while the primary production of steel, aluminum, titanium and carbon fiber are incredibly polluting and unfriendly to our environment.
Wood is nature’s most advanced building material: lightweight, durable, and sustainable. The frame is environmentally friendly, made with sustainable woods and using low VOC waterborne sealers and finishes. At 3.5 to 4.5 pounds, the Renovo frame makes for a unique, quick ride.