It is obvious that most people can’t afford to make the payments on a vehicle that is much better for the environment, so instead why not try making the vehicle that you have now more eco-friendly? Check out the tips below on what you can do to help make your car more eco-friendly.
- Opt for a biodegradable soap when washing your vehicle. Typical soap made for washing vehicles contains a lot of ingredients that are harmful to the planet.
- Keep it light. If it is possible make sure that you aren’t carrying heavy loads of items in your vehicle when you don’t need to be, so make sure it is cleaned often. The extra weight in a vehicle causes it to use more gas.
- Keep your tire pressure in check. Not having enough air in your tires can, again, cause your vehicle to use more gas than it actually needs to.
- Want to place an air freshener in your vehicle without actually using an air spray that contains a lot of harmful ingredients in it? Take an organic cotton ball and apply one or two drops of your favorite essential oil to it. Place the cotton ball beneath either the back seat or the front seat.
- Always know where you are going. Not knowing where you are going not only takes longer to get where you have to go but it also adds to the problem of using extra gas that you don’t have to. Get directions online or ask someone for directions before taking off.
- Carpool. Its been said before and it is being said again. Carpool to work with co-workers that you trust. If you drive and four co-workers carpool with you then that is equivalent to one person driving and 4 people walking, who would have been driving originally.
- Lightly tint your vehicle’s windows if you have to. This will help reduce the use for the air-conditioning in your car. If it is cool out don’t use the air-conditioner, but instead roll down the windows.
- Replace the air filter regularly. A clogged air filter only makes your vehicle use more gas.